Merops 3.2.060 now available!
22nd June 2017
Introducing Merops 3.2, with an interactive document example, output metadata files, and over 50 other fixes and improvements. Merops 3.2 is available now.
Brand new interactive document example
New! Right-click to access key settings
Right-click on text in the document example to change key settings without navigating around the Standard Set, or use the menu to go to the relevant page in the Standard Set.
New! Highlighting in Standard Set document example
Two toggle buttons show/hide where settings have been set to 'preserve original' or 'make consistent'. This prevents confusion caused by preserved settings, which can appear correct in the document example by chance.
More complete document example
The Standard Set now includes a figure, and table and figure citations:
The document example also represents many more settings, including number of keywords and punctuation between numeric citations.
Right-click on a 'see also' link, to peek/edit the setting without leaving the current page.
Brand new output format: Metadata file
Create an XML file containing data selected from the following list:
- Author details: Author names, Affiliations
- Document details: Keywords, Subjects, Title
- Document statistics: Merops recognition confidence score, Document quality report, Word count
- Content: Tables, References
This list will continue to grow; if something you want to include isn't in the list, please let us know!
Finish XML has a new name
Finish XML has been renamed Update Output Files, as it can now also update HTML files, metadata files, and a custom format file. It's also now an optional part of the process.
Full list of other fixes and improvements
- NEW: Custom format output file: You can now choose a custom suffix for output files, allowing you to create two XML files.
- NEW: Custom format output file: You can now choose any file extension.
- NEW: New editing rule: Structure: Spacing after list ID
- NEW: New editing rule: Structure: Spacing after table of contents list ID
- IMPROVED: Output format "Report" has been renamed "Custom format"
- IMPROVED: Processing: Merops can now process documents on the Microsoft OneDrive.
- IMPROVED: Removed setting Convert indented text to block text where appropriate. Merops now always recognizes consistently, it's only the application of paragraph styles that should be customizable.
- IMPROVED: Standard Set Editor: "Undo all xxx actions" was slow as the document example refreshed with each step.
- IMPROVED: Standard Set Editor: Document example now has a title with a colon, to show case after colon in title setting.
- IMPROVED: Standard Set Editor: Document example now shows up to 10 names for journal example.
- IMPROVED: Standard Set Editor: More accurate wording on Front and end section page: Correct capitalization of front matter/end section items (unless case for certain items is set by another rule)
- IMPROVED: Standard Set Editor: Punctuation after abstract heading now has a link: 'See also Punctuation after run-in headings'.
- IMPROVED: Standard Set Editor: Removed ',[space]' as an option before document object qualifiers - it was an unneeded setting and an unreliable match.
- IMPROVED: Standard Set Editor: Removed rule: Remove extra tabs between cells. It's now a part of the conversion to cellular tables, and if you're not converting, you can't delete tabs.
- IMPROVED: Standard Sets: Shabash House Style for figure caption label format changed to "bold".
- IMPROVED: Standard Sets: Shabash House Style for punctuation after run-in heading changed to ".[space]".
- IMPROVED: Under the hood: Merops now uses the .NET Framework 4.5 (was previously 4)
- IMPROVED: Standard Set Editor: 'Unpublished thesis' style split into two separate rules, to simplify:
- IMPROVED: Standard Set Editor: Article description style split into two separate rules, to simplify:
- FIXED: Open Original now re-opens the start file, if revert fails for some reason.
- FIXED: Open Original now works with files on the Microsoft OneDrive.
- FIXED: Processing: "An error occurred waiting to retry the connection." bug.
- FIXED: Processing: Error causing predicted queue speed to be wrong
- FIXED: Processing: In Windows, right clicking on a group of files and choosing "Process with Merops" was launching multiple Process Files dialogs.
- FIXED: Processing: Progress bar could jump to 100% and back down again during processing.
- FIXED: Processing: Standard Sets in Process Files drop down list is now correctly alphabetized.
- FIXED: Revert Document: did not show confirmation dialog if there was an error determining the file size and modified date.
- FIXED: Revert Document: now works with files on the Microsoft OneDrive.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Example in option box for Stain style was 'hematoxylin-eosin', which wrongly didn't change when the UI language was set to 'UK'. Now example just shows 'eosin'.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: option box for Stain style wasn't wide enough to show the contents.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Tooltip mentioned PubMed but should have said 'online databases' as Crossref is also used.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Wasn't correctly setting UI language of the word "litre" in all places.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: You can now scroll the document example with the mouse wheel.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: A tooltip on 'Degrees of freedom numbers' was not showing the full message.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Added some missing colons in labels
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Annoying bug preventing Ctrl + C and others working within combo boxes and text boxes.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Correct alphabetic order of settings under Spelling: G
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Correct alphabetic order of settings under Units: Specific preferences
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Corrected "…out of sequence object" to "…out-of-sequence object".
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Corrected lower-case 'f' in 'fahrenheit'.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Cursor flickering when moving the mouse over the document example
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Document example typo: "produce structure Microsoft Word documents"
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Document example was not correctly showing points with abbreviations, spaces between sentences, or iz/is rule.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Document example was not correctly showing square brackets around author-date citations, or punctuation between names.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Document example was showing issue number formatting on the punctuation before the issue number.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Fixed broken link "European Union"
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Hyphen changed to en dash on two labels on the Times and dates page.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Link label corrected from 'See also Numbers style' to 'See also Brackets style'.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Order numbers/symbols by setting wasn't being enabled correctly.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Removed rule: Delete empty table cells to attempt correct column alignment. Hasn't been active for years.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Setting 'Number/sort numeric references by' was not always correctly enabled.
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Typo in error message "Langauge"
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Wrong capitalization on module links "Reference Citations" and "Reference Lists".
- FIXED: Standard Set Editor: Wrong description when printing "Heading 4 display or run-in", on a level 5 or higher setting.
- FIXED: Standard Sets: Chicago Manual of Style Standard Set was wrongly set to add quotation marks around titles in a reference.
- FIXED: Typo in error message: "An error determining..."
- FIXED: Standard Sets: A number of settings corrected in the AMA Manual of Style, particularly correspondence info.