Major server update!
18 September 2010
We’ve just updated the Merops server. It’s a major update, with thousands of improvements. You should see a significant improvement in the quality of output documents, and a reduction in errors.
This update is now in place, so you should start seeing these improvements immediately!
Process documents more than 40% faster!*
Our last update was already faster than ever, but this one really takes a leap forward. You should really notice this – it means the average journal article is taking about 1 minute less to process!
68 new rules!
- Automatic generation of heading numbers
- New ‘primary language’ setting significantly improves accuracy in non-English documents, as well as alerting non-primary language words in unexpected contexts
- Automatic identification and mark-up of grants and grant sponsors
- New rule to add spaces before colons, semi-colons, exclamation marks and question marks (used in French-language documents)
- New rules for citation of ‘Article 5’ and ‘Paragraph 5’
- New ‘in footnotes’ context versions of many existing rules
- 15 new individual spelling preferences
Merops knows Italian!
Merops can now process documents in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish, as well as using all of these languages in article titles, book chapters, quotes, etc.
100s of rule enhancements!
- Suggestions for changing name/date citations to numeric reference conversions (and vice versa)
- More automation to give telephone numbers the international style, rather than adding comments.
- New sequence option for book references
- Over 280 more rules have a ‘make author usage consistent’ option
- New options for correspondence and abbreviation lists headings
- New keywords punctuation option
Plus 1000s of other improvements
These include recognition improvements in all areas, correction improvements, new words, terms, names, and spelling errors added, better handling of errors and mismatches, and bug fixes. This has come from our own testing, as well as feedback we’ve received from our users.