Merops Cloud update: Strikethrough support!
11 July 2022
We've updated the Merops Cloud!
Authors sometimes use strikethrough instead of track changes,
but they can also use it in more creative ways,
like on a space to make a dash symbol.
Merops deliberately won’t try to interpret strikethrough,
it’ll just preserve it and alert it for you to check.
- 8 bugs fixed including:
- ‘www.’ being removed from generated hyperlink on URL
- author-date references given IDs based on citation order
Faster metadata extraction
For typical settings, metadata extraction will speed up from
about 14 seconds per file, down to about 11 seconds per file.
- Better capitalization of unmatched terms
- Better preservation of tables where editing is restricted
- Unknown journal abbreviations now alert you that the full version is required
- Many more general recognition and correction improvements