Merops Cloud update: Bug fixes and accuracy improvements!
5 May 2022
We've updated the Merops Cloud!
Reliability and accuracy
We've prioritized bug fixes and error handling with this update
- 50% reduction in support/rerun requests expected
- 29 major bug fixes
- Over 200 recognition, editing, or markup errors fixed
- Over 500 systemic recognition or editing improvements
- Consistent use of paragraph returns vs paragraph breaks
- Preservation of background colour
- Better and more consistent recognition regardless of settings
- Much better handling of:
- footnotes to reference list conversions
- duplicate references
- combinations of citation styles in input document
- NEW PREFERENCE: Numerical citations style: …was found2)
Front & end matter
- NEW PREFERENCES: Affiliation footnote symbols: family name in parentheses | title and family name in parentheses
- NEW PREFERENCES: Affiliations intro: Author affiliations: | Author Affiliations:
- IMPROVED: Merops now sorts front and end matter even when there is some unmatched content
- NEW PREFERENCES: 29 new preferences for whether specific abbreviations need to be defined
- NEW FEATURE: grandad | granddad | make consistent
This is a Merops Cloud update – no download is necessary.
The update also includes hundreds of other improvements and fixes.
Items with NEW PREFERENCE
or NEW FEATURE
can be turned on immediately
using Custom Properties – contact us